MV Lapat Liveaboard
Do you want to dive the famous Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai or Richelieu rock but you don’t have enough time for a long liveaboard tour? Then we have the perfect solution for you! Introducing the short 2-days/1-night scuba diving trip.
The MV Lapat basically stays the whole diving season out at the Andaman Sea in the National Marine Park and is visiting the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock and the Surin Islands, following a weekly schedule.
Start when you want
Sundays the MV Lapat is at the Similan islands. Monday and Tuesday at Koh Bon and Koh Tachai. Wednesday and Thursday the liveaboard is exploring the different dives sites around the Surin Islands and Richelieu Rock. On Friday Richelieu rock and on Saturday returning south to Koh Bon and Similan islands. So if you want to dive certain dive sites,
Start in the morning
The transfer from and to the MV Lapat is done by a spacious and fast speedboat. In that way, you make most out of your time. . . You get picked up from your Khao Lak accommodation in the morning, brought to the pier in Tap Lamu and transferred to the liveaboard boat with a big and comfortable speedboat called Nawanoppa, which only takes 80 minutes to reach the Similan Islands. Aboard you get a mix of day trip guests and liveaboard guests.
Time for the first dive
Upon arrival at the Similan Islands and the MV Lapat, you’ll get some time for a coffee, and a thorough boat briefing lets you become familiar with the boat facilities and procedures. Then it’s time to get wet in your first dive. . . You’ll meet your instructor or dive guide and the people you will dive with that day (max. group size is 5 divers), get your dive briefing and help with setting up your diving equipment.
45 – 60 Minutes dives
During the day out there you will do two dives (dive time 45 – 60 minutes) with a lovely lunch and some relax time between them before the speedboat returns to the mainland. Once the speedboat has departed with the day trip guests, there are fewer people on board the boat which makes for a more relaxing atmosphere to enjoy the late afternoon with a trip to the beach (only Similan Island beaches are open for visiting) and the sunset at the Similan Islands. There is also the opportunity for either a sunset dive or a night dive, followed by the delicious dinner and a relaxed evening.
3 Dives a day
The next morning you wake up early to fit in an early morning dive and have relaxed breakfast. Now you repeat most of yesterday’s schedule by doing two more dives with lunch in-between before being transferred back to the mainland, again on the fast and comfortable speedboat, returning to Khao Lak at approximately 17:30. It’s as simple as that.
About the MV Lapat
The MV Lapat is a spacious liveaboard with a big sundeck and a saloon. It also has hot showers, plus provides you with eco-friendly products to use in the bathrooms, so you don’t pollute the reefs around the dive sites. All the delicious meals onboard this liveaboard are freshly cooked on board and served in buffet style. You get a mix of Thai dishes and popular western food. Snacks and fruits are served between the dives.
The boat crew is experienced, friendly and helpful and the captain is very familiar with the all the different areas and dive sites you will visit.
More information needed? Just contact our staff for this Similan Islands liveaboard trip.
- 2 Days – 1 night
- 6 Dives
- Similan islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu rock, wreck
- Max 4 divers with one professional guide
- Flexible departure dates
- Onboard courses available
- Best price guarantee
- Book with local diving experts
Twin bed cabin: 13.200.- Baht
Double bed cabin with own bathroom: 15.200.- Baht
Included in the price are :
- Experienced dive guides and instructors (no freelance)
- Small dive groups of 5 divers to 1 dive guide
- All meals, fruits and snacks
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
- Torch for night dives
- Transfers for Khao Lak area on departure and arrival days of the boat
Excluded in the price are :
- National park entrance and diving fees : 900.- Baht
- Full set of diving equipment : 500.- Baht per day
- Diving insurance : 250.- Baht per day
- Dive computer : 250.- Baht per day
- Soft drinks and beers ( can be purchased at the liveaboard )
- Richelieu rock surcharge including NP entrance and diving fees: 1.500.- Baht
- Pick up from your accommodation in Khao Lak between 6.50 AM – 7.45 AM
- Transfer by fast boat to the MV Lapat at the dive site
- Welcome on the liveaboard
- Dive briefing and equipment set up
- First dive at 11.00 AM
- Lunch and time for relaxing
- Second dive at 14.00 PM
- Time for relaxing
- Third dive at 17.00 PM ( can be changed to a night dive at 19.00 PM )
- Dinner is served at 20.00 PM, time for relaxing
- Wake up call at 6.30 AM, coffee is served
- Fourth dive at 7.00 AM
- The full breakfast buffet is served
- Fifth dive at 11.00 AM
- Lunch and time for relaxing
- Sixth dive at 14.00 PM
- Transfer by fast boat back to the mainland
- Transfer back to accommodation in Khao Lak, arrival between 17.00 and 18.00 PM
The schedule can be changed due weather, sea conditions, instructions by the national park authorities.
You can start the 2 Days / 1 Night liveaboard trip any day of the week.
The first dive of the trip is at 11.00 AM, the last dive of this trip is the next day at 14.00 PM
Just take a look at the weekly plan to choose your trip
|07.00 AM||11.00 AM||14.00 PM||17.00 PM|
|Monday||North Point||West of Eden||Elephant Head rock||Similan island 8,9on|
|Tuesday||Christmas Point||Koh Bon||Koh Bon||Koh Bon|
|Wednesday||Koh Tachai||Koh Tachai||Koh Tachai||Surin islands|
|Thursday||Richelieu rock||Richelieu rock||Richelieu rock||Surin islands|
|Friday||Surin islands||Surin islands||Surin islands||Surin islands|
|Saturday||Richelieu rock||Richelieu rock||Richelieu rock||Koh Tachai|
|Sunday||Koh Bon||Koh Bon||Koh Bon||Three Trees|