About Khao Lak
The village of Khao Lak with just a sprinkling of hotels, restaurants and shops offers peace and serenity. Nestled between the balmy Andaman Sea and the raw beauty of Khao Lak National Park, the tranquil Regeneration in the area has seen a host of deluxe resorts, boutique hotels and traditional bungalows built sympathetically to retain its untouched charm and laid back spirit. With a picture postcard landscape of enchanting waterfalls and mysterious temple caves combined with shimmering shores and natural wildlife, it is an idyllic hideaway where you can unwind in stunning surroundings.
Gateway to the Similan islands
A gateway to some of the top dive areas in southern Thailand, Khao Lak originally started as a diving destination, with people drawn by the enchanting Similan and Surin Islands. With colorful coral gardens and an underwater world teeming with anemones in a kaleidoscope of reds, yellows and blues, you are also likely to encounter white tip sharks, rays, snappers, barracudas and turtles in the shimmering water that lap the glittering shores.
Spend your days listening to the sound of the surf as you run your fingers through the soft sands, perhaps lying under the shade of the palms and caesarians pine trees that lace the beach or create your own adventure in the enchanting rainforest filled with wildlife and vibrant color.
In Khao Lak you can find accommodation from guesthouses to 5 star resorts. For diving guest we’ve accommodation above our shop.
The rooms are new and spacious, please visit Khao Lak Guesthouse for more information.
The Similan islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu rock are part of the Similan islands and Surin islands national parks.
These parks are closed from 15th of May till the 15th of October. During this period it isn’t possible to visit these parks or dive at the dive sites.
It’s forbidden to use a drone inside the Similan islands and Surin islands national parks
Manta Queen liveaboards pick up times
Pick up from Phuket for the Manta Queen liveaboards
The price for the Phuket – Khao Lak transfer is 300 THB per person, 600 THB round transfer)
Please note that the pick up is a scheduled pick up and not a private pick up. If you would like to be transferred earlier to Khao Lak or on another day we can assist you with booking a taxi transfer.
Available Pick Up Location in Phuket:
- Rawai: 11.30 (only at Green Leaf Gasoline Station)
- Chalong Pier: 11-30 – 11.45 (7/11 by the corner building before the parking to Chalong pier)
- Kata: 12.00 – 12.30 (from guest’s hotel)
- Karon: 12:15 – 12:45 (from guest’s hotel)
- Patong: 13:00 – 13:30 (from guest’s hotel)
- Phuket Town: 13:00 – 13:15 (Phi Phi Ferry Pier Ratsada)
- Phuket Town: 13.15 – 13.30 (only at McDonalds at the corner of the Robinson shopping Mall)
- Kamala: 13:45 – 14:00 (from guest’s hotel)
- Surin: 14.00 – 14.15 (from guest’s hotel)
- Bang Tao: 14:15 – 14:30 (from guest’s hotel)
- Nai yang Beach: 14.30 – 14.50 (from guest’s hotel)
- Phuket airport domestic flight in front of Billion Cafe ( exit gate 1 ) : 15.00 -15.15
- Phuket airport international flight exit gate 4 : 15.15 – 15.30
- Mai Khao beach: contact for more information (from guest’s hotel)
No share pick up available at this Phuket locations ( you can contact us for a private taxi service )
- Cape Panwa area
- Ao Yon area
- Nai Narn area
Between 16.00 – 16.30 PM is the free pick up from from your accommodation for the guest staying in Khao Lak
Maximum depth Junior divers
For junior divers , the maximum depths are as followed
Junior open water divers
Divers 10-11 years old must dive with a Diving Professional and dives cannot exceed 12 meters/40 feet.
Divers 12-14 years old must dive with a Diving professional and dives cannot exceed 18 meters / 60 feet.
Junior Advanced Open Water divers
Divers 12-14 years old must dive with a Diving professional and dives cannot exceed 21 meters / 70 feet.
After the age of 15, depth and buddy restrictions default to those of a regular Open Water Diver.
Terms and conditions
Please carefully read our General Booking, Cancellation, Payment and other Terms
What to bring on a liveaboard trip
- Personal clothing, including a light jacket or sweater
- Towels and toiletries ~ please note that we supply only one towel per trip
- Sun care product ( please use environmental friendly if possible )
- Prescription medicines.
- Diving equipment (if own equipment)
- Logbook, diving certification card
- Travel and diving insurance details (if own dive insurance)
- Money to pay for extras
- Copy of your passport
Nice to bring but not necessary:
- CDs, DVDs, books.
- Laptop, tablet, mobile phone
- Video and photo camera.
MISSION & VISION
Similan Dive Center is a diving agency, run by a group of passionate local divers who come together to share our enthusiasm for diving as well as the love for nature. At Similan Dive Center, book from our meticulously handpicked and curated list of the most popular liveaboards and diving day trips.
With 19 years of experience, we offer a personal service, always trying to make that extra step. Get the best out of your diving holiday by contacting us by e-mail, telephone or just walk in at our shop in Khao Lak.